I like using blogs to research recipes because they are honest. Equipped with step by step photos and readers’ comments it is the safest way to find recipes off the internet. I found them the most useful in my quest for the perfect muffin recipe.
After reading a lot of blogs and browsing through what felt like hundreds of different websites on the muffin topic I managed to put together a decent list of reliable sources that I thought were on to something. Their suggestions were more or less the same and their products looked good. I plan to use them as guides and will probably try out a few of the recipes. In my opinion, the best sites for muffin recipes are:
After completing my online research I concluded the flowing:
1. I need a recipe that uses either sour cream or yogurt
2. I need a recipe that uses a decent amount of baking powder as a leavening agent
3. I need the batter to be very thick
4. I need ingredients to be room temperature
5. I need to not over mix
6. I need to bake at a higher temperature
7. I need to use butter
This will narrow down the recipe pool list a little I think.
Online research complete! Next, scour the city for the best muffin and stuff my face with as many candidates as possible.